Jump to Cranberry White Chocolate Scones Recipe
These keto scones are bursting with holiday cheer or any time of year cheer. Festive red cranberries and smooth white chocolate combined with the best keto scone batter make for a perfect Christmas breakfast or dessert! Staying on track with your keto diet for the holidays never tasted so sweet!
Why You Will Love This Scone Recipe
- Fresh tart cranberries contrast perfectly with the sweet white chocolate!
- The flour blend has a perfect texture.
- No added sugar
- They are pretty and pretty food tastes better!
What you Will Need
- Parchment paper or these nifty reusable silicone baking mats!
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry Blender
- Wooden spoon
- All of your Christmas cheer!!
I used fresh cranberries in this recipe; if they are available, I highly recommend using them! When they become available around the holidays I like to grab as many bags as possible and freeze them to add to my festive baking. I cut the cranberries in half so that they disburse throughout the dough more. You can use the dried cranberries, but it will change the flavor profile of this scone.
White chocolate morsels just made sense here. The buttery, rich, and creamy flavor of the white chocolate balances the sweet-tart flavor of the fresh cranberries. Lily’s brand makes every flavor of sugar free morsel you could hope to add to your low carb baking arsenal!
For the scone batter, I used a combination of almond flour, coconut flour, oat fiber, psyllium husk powder, and vital wheat gluten. If you have not experimented with adding oat fiber or vital wheat gluten to your low-carb baked goods, then this is your reminder to start. This combination of flour alternatives creates a gorgeous texture!
I used monk fruit sweetener for this recipe and pretty much all of my recipes because it is the best low carb sweetener option out there.
This is a perfect scone recipe for Christmas time, if you love scones as much as I do, you should check out my vanilla keto scones and my maple scones!
This delightful sweet treat is so good with a cup of coffee (or tea if you are into that kind of thing). No need to wait for a special occasion these come together quick and easy any day of the week!
Cranberry White Chocolate Keto Scones
Cranberry White Chocolate Keto Scones
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup oat fiber
- ¼ cup vital wheat gluten
- ½ tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- ⅓ cup cold butter cubed
- 1 whole egg
- 6-7 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup Lily's white chocolate chips
- ½ cup cranberries
White Chocolate Glaze
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips gently melted
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2-1 tbsp hot water
- 1½ tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender.
- Add the cream, egg, and vanilla to the dry ingredients until the mixture comes together. If it is too dry add a little more cream.
- Once the dough has formed, add the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a round that is approximately 1 inch thick. Cut the round into 8 triangles, and make sure there is space between them on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes. Remove immediately to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate chips in the microwave with the butter for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate then return it to the microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Stir in the hot water, vanilla, and powdered monk fruit sweetener. Whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle the glaze over the scones and enjoy!
Enjoy these beauties any time of day with a cup of coffee (or tea if you are into that kind of thing). Hop on Facebook or Instagram and share all of the pics of your adventures in low carb baking with us!
I receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you.