Jump to Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
This keto cheeseburger soup is made in a crockpot. Who doesn’t love a set-it and forget-it recipe? This soup combines ground beef, onions, bell peppers, garlic, and kale, in a rich bone broth. After simmering those flavors together all day I added heavy cream, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar to create a cheesy cream soup. Topped with pickles, onions, mustard, and primal kitchen’s ketchup this is a cheeseburger in a bowl!
Why You Will Love This Cheeseburger Soup
- It’s an easy set-it and forget it recipe for busy weeknights!
- If you love cheeseburgers you will love this flavor profile.
- Rich, creamy, hearty meal.
- Perfect for the cool fall nights!
What You Will Need
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Cheese Grater
Let’s Make Soup!
Start by frying up the hamburger in a skillet. At this point, I season the meat with either a steak seasoning blend or hamburger seasoning. Use whatever you would season your burger with if you were setting out to make cheeseburgers. Once the meat is cooked through you can transfer it to the crockpot where it will join all of your other soup goodies!
Chop your veg. I add the onions, garlic, and bell peppers to the hamburger and bone broth in the crock pot to simmer away. The kale can wait, as it does not need that long to get tender.
Add paprika and salt, pour the bone broth over everybody, and set the crockpot for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low depending on what your timeframe of convenience is.
Near the end, you can add the late-to-the-party guests (you know the ones. They ALWAYS show up late, and you want to be irritated, but somehow they seem to bring THE party with them). Stir in the kale, cream cheese, cheddar, and heavy cream, and let them cook for another 20 or thirty minutes. At this point, you are ready to garnish and chow!
The garnish is perhaps the most crucial part of this dish. I LOVE pickles, and I think that they MAKE this dish. I garnish with pickles, chopped onion, yellow mustard, and Primal Kitchen’s Ketchup. If you are like me, and you are committed to a low-carb lifestyle, but you are not ready to give up luxuries like ketchup, then this product will come in clutch!
Keto Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5-6 cups fresh kale leaves
- 40 oz chicken bone broth
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 3-4 cups shredded cheddar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1½ tsp steak or hamburger seasoning blend when cooking ground beef
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp white pepper
- salt to taste before serving
- 1 tsp primal kitchens ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp diced onions
- 1 tbsp diced dill pickles
- Fry the ground beef in a skillet and season with the steak seasoning blend.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and kale.
- Combine the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, bone broth, paprika, and pepper in a crock pot. Set the crockpot on low for 4 hours.
- After 3.5 hours add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and the kale, and allow the soup to cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and salt to taste right before serving.
- Garnish with pickles, onions, mustard, and low-sugar ketchup. For an extra treat add crumbled bacon!
It snowed here in South Dakota today, the universal sign that it is time to start cooking insane amounts of soup and crockpot delights! This cheeseburger soup qualifies as both, so get cooking, and let me know how it turns out! Drop a photo on my Facebook page or follow me on Pinterest!
As always, happy snacking!
I receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you.