Jump To Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Recipe
This honey mustard chicken crunch salad hits all of the right notes, and the lead singer is the homemade keto honey mustard dressing! The salad dressings that you buy in the store do not always deliver, but this honey mustard is so good you will be putting it on everything! It complements this crispy keto chicken quite nicely. And if you have been missing breaded, fried chicken on the keto diet, then you have come to the right place!
Why You Will Love This Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Salad
- The dressing is amazing! Trust me!
- Crispy, crunchy, fried chicken, on a low-carb diet!
- You get your daily veggies in and you get to enjoy them too!
- Did I mention that this salad has bacon on it? As if it could get any better!
What You Will Need
- Oil for frying. I went with coconut oil, but peanut oil works.
- 2 shallow dishes for breading
- Skillet (2)
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Citrus juicer
- Garlic press
- Container for the dressing (I use these!)
Let’s Make A Salad!
For the dressing, I have included a recipe with suggested amounts, but if I am being honest, when I make this salad dressing I measure with my heart! If you love garlic, then add more garlic. If you want a more tart dressing add more lime juice. This is what is so great about making your own dressing! You get to make it exactly as you want it!
Mustard: You can make this dressing with straight up yellow mustard, with a combination of yellow mustard and Dijon, or with Dijon mustard alone. I have tried all three variations, and the flavor is slightly different but it does not suffer.
I use Lakanto Granulated Monk Fruit To sweeten this dressing. It is the BEST keto-friendly sweetener out there. No weird cooling sensation and no bitter after taste. I use the powdered, granulated, and brown varieties in my baking, salad dressings, sauces, drinks, jams, jellies, even in my spicy garlic chili oil!
Crispy Chicken: To bread my crispy keto chicken I use a combination of ground pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan cheese (the kraft in the green tube works the best for breading), and psyllium husk powder. I have used this same breading to make AMAZING Keto Onion Rings and Keto Meatloaf! To fry the chicken tenders I use a keto-friendly oil like coconut or peanut oil.
For the roughage, I went with keto-friendly veggies. This time around I opted for crispy romaine lettuce, red radishes, cucumbers, and red onions. I can’t have a salad without onions. It adds a few carbs, but they are carbs I willingly spend! You can opt-out of the onions and change up the veggies here to make this salad lower in carbs and more to your liking!
Fry up some bacon to top off an already gorgeous salad because bacon is happiness!
Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Salad Recipe
Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Salad
Keto Crispy Fried Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 oz. pork rinds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 whole eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- oil for frying (coconut or peanut oil)
Keto Honey Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2-3 tsp granulated monk fruit sweetener to taste
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 4 red radishes
- 4 mini cucumbers
- ¼ red onion
Keto Crispy Fried Chicken
- Place the pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan, psyllium husk powder, and spices in a food processor or blender, and process until the mixture is finely crumbed. Put about one-third of the crumbs in a shallow dish, and reserve the rest to be added to the breading dish as needed.
- Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish with a splash of water, then pat the chicken tenders dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, coat it in the crumb mixture, then place it on a plate while breading the remaining chicken.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Oil should reach around 365 degrees.
- Carefully place the breaded chicken into the hot oil, and fry for about 5 or 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Fry in batches if necessary and place in a 250° oven to keep warm.
For the Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in an airtight container whisk or shake until well combined.
For the Salad
- Pan-fry the bacon and place it on a paper towel to rest.
- Wash and chop the veggies for the salad.
- Assemble your salad. Make it pretty! Pretty food tastes better!
- Chop the bacon, and top your salad with bacon, crispy chicken, and homemade honey mustard.
This crispy chicken and honey mustard make a kick-ass salad, but you can also turn it into a wrap for the ultimate keto indulgence! I LOVE this keto wrap recipe from Megan Ellam at Madcreations.com. My eleven-year-old devoured these honey mustard chicken crunch wraps, so they are kid and keto-friendly!
This honey mustard dressing is so good, that you WILL pour it on everything…everything. Head over to Facebook and share pictures of all the crazy things you dumped this honey mustard on! Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!
As always, happy snacking!
Sounds like a delicious dressing. I’m sure going to try it!
LOVED finding a keto version of my favorite salad dressing. It did not disappoint—so yummy!
This dressing works on everything! So yummy!
Deliciously easy to make and really versatile.
super tasty and easy to make
This salad made the perfect lunch!
this salad was so delicious! love all the textures and flavors!
It looks like so a good and tasty dish. Perfect for tonight’s dinner.