Oatmeal is definitively not a keto food. Just too many of those pesky carbs, but a warm oatmeal cookie, preferably with some chocolate morsels, is one of those comfort foods that you begin to long for when you have been cutting carbs for a while. This no oatmeal – oatmeal cookie recipe helps to curb those cravings nicely! Using Nutrail Keto Nut Granola in place of the oats, and Lily’s brand chocolate chips sweetened with stevia, this low-carb cookie can be enjoyed on a keto diet.
Nutrail Keto Nut Granola is an awesome product! I love to use it as a low-carb cereal with almond milk or heavy cream and some fresh strawberries or just snack on it by the handful! This nut granola also works well to dress up low-carb yogurt parfaits. Nutrail Keto Nut Granola has a ton of yummy flavors including blueberry cinnamon, vanilla strawberry, cacao, cinnamon pecan, and more! I used blueberry cinnamon for this recipe, but you could substitute any of these flavors.
Making the Oatmeal Cookies
You Will Need:
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Blender or food processor
You will start by processing the keto nut granola into rough crumbs. I used a Cuisinart food processor for this step, but a blender would work just as well. You can set the crumbs aside.
Next, you will sift the rest of your dry ingredients into the melted butter. Sifting breaks up any lumps in the flour, as well as helps to evenly distribute the salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
When it comes time to place your cookies on the cookie sheet, shape the cookies by hand, and flatten them. These cookies do not spread very much, so shaping and flattening them before baking results in a nicer-looking cookie with a better texture!
There are only a couple of tablespoons of sweetener added to this oatmeal cookie recipe, because the Nutrail is already sweetened, and I did not want an overly sweet cookie. In addition to the sweetener, I added Lily’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chips which are sweetened with stevia. This added another layer of sweet and a lovely rich dark chocolate profile.
Keto No-Oatmeal-Oatmeal Cookies
- 1⅓ cups Nutrail Keto Nut Granola Crumbed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Swerve Powdered Sweetener
- ½ tsp imitation maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Almond flour, sifted
- 1½ tbsp Coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup Lily's Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Add the nut granola to a food processor or a blender and process until it is roughly crumbed.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients except for the granola into the melted butter. Stir until combined, then add the egg, vanilla, and maple extract.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then shape and flatten each cookie, as these cookies will not spread.
- Bake at 375° for 11 or 12 minutes, and remove to a cooling rack immediately.
Mixing It Up!
In this recipe I used Nutrail Blueberry Cinnamon, but I am excited to try some of their other flavors in this recipe! I think that the Cinnamon Pecan flavor would play nicely in this recipe. If you try any different combinations, I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
As always, happy snacking!
I receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you.